Liquorice Root Herbal Extract 30ml
Herbalists often prescribe Liquorice Root to be used as a dietary supplement for conditions such as digestive problems, menopausal symptoms, cough, and bacterial and viral infections.
Other potential benefits include;
- potential anti-cancer properties, due to the plants antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, its extract and compounds have been linked to slowing or preventing cell growth in skin, breast, colorectal and prostate cancers
- eases upper respiratory conditions, in particular, when used along side modern asthma treatments
- can aid in diabetes treatment by maintaining regular blood sugar levels
- boosts weight loss, depending on which study you read, it has been suggested that the extract has been effective in lowering body mass index (BMI) and supporting weight loss.
- reduces menopause symptoms, currently proposed as a treatment for hot flashes
Licorice root has potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial effects. Early research suggests that, as a result, it may ease upper respiratory infections, treat ulcers, and aid digestion, among other benefits.
Liquorice root has a long history of use, going back to ancient Assyrian, Egyptian, Chinese, and Indian cultures. It was used traditionally for treating a variety of conditions, including lung, liver, circulatory, and kidney diseases.
FUN FACT: Despite its well known name, many liquorice products sold do not contain actual liquorice. Anise oil, which smells and tastes like liquorice, is often used instead.
INGREDIENTS: Liquorice Root, Vegetable Glycerin, Distilled Water
Organic, Vegan, Gluten Free
*NOTE* Although licorice root is generally considered safe as a food ingredient, it can cause serious side effects, including increased blood pressure and decreased potassium levels, when consumed in large amounts or for long periods of time. Both chronic use and large doses of liqorice root products may lead to glycyrrhizin accumulation in your body, which may cause imbalances in your fluid and electrolyte levels. Therefore, we have ensured our Liquorice Root Herbal Extract is a very small dose and consumption is advised over a short period of time.
*AS ALWAYS, BE SURE TO START SLOWLY WHEN ADDING ANY HERBAL SUPPLEMENT TO YOUR HEALTHCARE ROUTINE. FOLLOW DIRECTIONS ON PRODUCT LABELS AND CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN OR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER BEFORE USING*
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, or are PREGNANT or BREASTFEEDING, should consult their physicians before beginning ANY nutrition supplement or lifestyle program.